In 1996, the government declared that it was to become mandatory for anyone renting properties, landlords owning commercial premises or shop owners to obtain a GAS safety certificate. Sometimes one is also required when selling a property and can even bring down your insurance premiums. Each certificate carries an anniversary of 12 months. The GAS SAFE certificate indicates that all gas appliances and pipe work has been checked.
Once your property has passed the gas safety certification, we will schedule a return to your property every 12 months to keep your gas safety certificate up to date.
This type of work must be carried out by a registered qualified approved contractor.
- Check appliance for gas tightness.
- Check standing and working pressure if test points available.
- Check burner pressure / gas rate against manufacturers data plate.
- Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation.
- Test flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion.
- Check satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices.
- Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets (where appropriate).
- Investigating any evidence of unsafe operation and report to a responsible person.
Guaranteed to beat prices 24/7, 365 days a year
Let us know if there is someone cheaper and we will match or beat their price
All our qualified approved engineers are based in local London postcodes in order to offer you a fast response.